In light of current events, here’s how we at Focus are managing the threat of Coronavirus.
Our primary focus is the wellbeing, health and safety of our employees and clients and we’ve already taken and will continue to take proactive steps and measures to minimise impact and risk in relation to Coronavirus and our employees and clients wherever possible.
We are continually reviewing and updating processes within our business continuity plans to minimise the impact on services to clients and our business, adding additional contingency wherever possible.
Following the Government announcement yesterday, all members of the Focus team are now working from home, with full access to all the technology and services they would usually have in the office. This will not affect our service to clients and we are still contactable via the usual channels.
We are currently monitoring and evaluating Coronavirus developments and believe the current state to be fluid with the likelihood of any immediate impact on our services to existing clients moderate to low.
Here are just some of the actions we’ve taken so far:
- We’ve issued wellbeing, health, safety and hygiene guidelines and best practices to all employees
- We’re also issuing frequent communications and updates to all employees on the current Coronavirus status
- We’ve restricted travel, with all office-based workers now remote working from home
- There’s increased hygiene facilities and cleaning across Focus locations
- We’re performing regular reviews with updates and additions to business continuity plans, adding contingency of major services to clients and business-critical areas
- We’re also reviewing alternative supply chain inventory among our preferred suppliers
- We’re continuously establishing and reviewing our suppliers’ continuity plans and contingencies with questionnaire’s and collaboration