We are looking for a creative individual to fill the role of ‘storyteller’ for our clients through understanding their business and the sector as a whole. To apply insights and information garnered through extensive research to come up with ‘the big idea’, developing this alongside the creative and video teams and then demonstrating the strategic value is the core of the role. To have a good understanding of brand strategy, brand experience and communications planning allowing seamless delivery of content and campaigns across all channels.
- To develop market-leading content ideas based around topical events, brand strategy, or business objectives for clients.
- To work with the teams across the business in shaping progressive and engaging content for our clients.
- To devise the core thread to each campaign/story and collaborate on its execution.
- To develop content strategies that tackle the problem, resonate with audiences, communicates the story, and works across a multichannel structure.
- To be as passionate about B2B content as B2C content and have fresh ideas about how to communicate sometimes complex information.
- To create conceptual ideas and be able to monitor their performance to report back to the client whilst taking learnings for future strategies.
- To lead in pitches alongside the Creative Director.
- To work with the social media executive in utilising key social listening tools and insights to shape the content strategies.
- To undertake regular research to paint a constantly evolving picture of the sector landscape, competitor activity and audience insights for our clients.
- To closely monitor trends in the different industries relevant to our client base and creating stimulus to present to the wider agency teams on a regular basis.
- To attend regular meetings with clients to maintain an up to date understanding of their challenges and objectives.
Future Management Responsibilities:
- To lead in hiring processes and new team member training.
- To provide encouragement to junior team members including identifying training requirements.
- To conduct team meetings to continue to update on best practices and continuing expectations.
- To contribute to the growth of the company.
- Strong experience in a similar role within an agency.
- Proven experience of creating strategies, recognizing opportunities for unique and successful content, and generating new ideas that utilise video heavily.
- Proven experience of producing content narratives for multi-channel comms strategies.
- Proven experience of taking learnings from performance and adapting strategies for constant improvement.
- Experience of creating content alongside a strategy to try to force the content to go viral with ‘big ideas’.
- Experience of working with influencers.
- Experience of integrating content with PR and Comms strategies.
- Experience working with the leads of departments across the creative agency and media agencies.
- Previous experience in pitching and winning new business for an agency.
- A journalistic background would be preferred but not essential.
Knowledge and Skills
- An excellent understanding of how content works alongside SEO, PPC and other elements of the marketing mix. Demonstrates extensive working knowledge of all existing content platforms as well as emerging ones, ones from overseas markets, and how these will fit in with the client’s activity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent creative copywriting.
- Excellent strategic skills including conducting research, utilizing statistics from reports and taking these forwards into a robust strategy with expected results and considered KPIs.
- Platform-agnostic, conceptual thinker, storyteller.
- A strong interest in the content landscape and multi-channel structure of marketing.
- Ambitious and wants to grow the content team within the agency through acquiring new clients and growing our activity with existing ones.
- Dynamic, responsive and immediate.
- A driven individual who can use their initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have a keen interest in building/continuing to develop a brand across all channels through idea generation, overseeing competitor activity, noticing opportunities to put our clients at the forefront and reviewing engagement statistics to optimise activity.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Prepared to lead a department, is organized and continuously pushes themselves to keep improving our strategies for clients and pitches.
- Proactive in generating ideas.
- Creative minded and keen to work closely with the Head of Video and the Creative Director.
Shoreditch, London – Office based role