You will be an integral part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function for the Focus group of companies.
You will be responsible for credit control within the team. This will include coordinating the debts of existing creditors, managing all monies owed to Focus. You will handle the collection of finances and the resolution of account queries, raising sales invoices and issuing credit notes. It is vital to build and maintain close relationships with all customers, to ensure the smooth running of accounts and encourage the timely collection of payments.
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customers payments.
- Maintaining regular contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment.
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices to ensure a speedy resolution.
- Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting systems.
- Liaising with the Client Services team to assist in resolving outstanding invoices and payment issues.
- Reconcile accounts.
- Preparing weekly reports for the Managing Director.
- Any other ad hoc duties as requested.
- A related accountancy qualification would be desirable
- Proven Credit Control experience is essential
- Strong understanding of the workings of an office
- Experience of working in a fast-paced office environment
Knowledge & skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Sage.
- Have the ability to learn new systems quickly