Financial Controller/Management Accountant
You will ensure the integrity and compliance of all the financial and management accounting reporting activities of the four Companies. Your responsibilities include the production of all financial accounting information including but not limited to the statutory accounts, maintenance and improvement of the existing financial controls and cash flow/treasury duties as well as the monthly management accounts. In addition to this, there are direct line management responsibilities for members of the accounts team.
- Responsible for the management accounting.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts.
- Preparation of annual corporation tax returns.
- Preparation for the audit process with external auditors.
- Cash management and cash flow forecasting.
- Management and development of internal financial controls.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant accounting standards/legislation.
- Monthly preparation of balance sheet and operating cash flow (OCF) analysis.
- Proactive financial analysis and business partnering support to the Managing Director and other Directors to identify improvements and cost-saving measures/projects.
- Direct management four finance team members.
- Responsible for forecasting/budgeting process.
- Fixed assets register and schedules.
- Board report preparation and attendance at Board Meetings as required.
- Supporting accounts team during peak periods as required.
- Finalist / Qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Experienced in managing a team effectively
- Proven technical ability
- Proficiency in financial accounting and monthly management reporting
- Previous experience in a similar position, including experience of providing Financial Control across a group of companies
- Experience with inter-company cross charging
Knowledge & skills
- Good PC skills with high proficiency in Excel
- Working knowledge and experience of Sage
- Ability to analyse and resolve complex Problems
- Accounting Software
- Strong teamwork skills essential
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Time management and ability to prioritise
- Confident personality
- Must be a people person
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Able to work as part of a team to strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with both financial and non-financial management
- Intellectual with strong commercial acumen