Fullstack Web App Developer
The purpose of this role is to take the lead in building our digisuite platform: https://www.focusimc.co.uk/digi-suite/
As a start-up department within a well-established group of companies, this developer will relish the opportunity to build the team as client demand grows. There will be a requirement of UX, UI and project management in this role as the sole staff member producing digisuite setups for our clients. The existing prototype is built in React so this will need to be part of the skillset, there will be integration requirements for some clients so fullstack is a necessity. This role will be responsible for constantly innovating digisuite to keep offering new improvements to our clients. Must be able to communicate ideas and recommendations clearly to colleagues and clients.
- Lead in the build of the digisuite web applications from taking the initial brief, to designing and building the system that fits the client’s requirements, and then looking at further developments to continue improving the application.
- Front-end development across multiple devices, browsers and operating systems.
- Medium-scale bespoke back-end development where necessary including API integrations.
- Liaise with our internal development team on bugs and issues if necessary.
- Lead on client communications and gathering assets for each platform, working closely with client services to create any missing assets.
- Lead in plans and timescales for future projects.
- Attend client meetings when required and possibly visit the marketing suites we install digisuite into for client training or troubleshooting.
- Work with the internal development team to maintain tools and services required by the digisuite platform including software requirements and servers.
- Grow the department to allow for future expansion of the digisuite team to become a ‘Head of’ in time.
- Listen to and consider ideas from the wider business to improve the platform, processes and solutions we deliver.
- Any other duties where necessary.
- A degree in a computing discipline would be desirable
- 3+ years of commercial experience
Knowledge & skills
- Excellent understanding of advanced programming concepts and techniques.
- Good knowledge of server environments and the software that runs on those environments.
- Strong interest in user experience and design.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to spot opportunities for constant improvement.
- Ability to work alone or collaborate with the wider team.
- Ability to manage own time and keep to deadlines.
- Able to liaise with clients and demo the system when required.
- Have a passion for web development, creating a market-leading solution to add to the overall customer journey and learning new skills.