Senior Web Developer
We’re on the lookout for a Senior Web Developer to lead the Development team to scope and build web and digital projects of varying scale using modern PHP frameworks, libraries and tools at a high standard. The Senior Web Developer must have an excellent all-round knowledge of programming concepts and be fully up-to-date with the latest web trends and standards. Must be able to communicate ideas and recommendations clearly to colleagues and clients.
- Lead the Development team in the build of web projects and applications.
- Front-end development across multiple devices, browsers and operating systems.
- Medium to large scale bespoke back-end development using API functionality.
- Liaise with other Developers on bugs and issues.
- Assist Client Services to scope existing client projects.
- Help plan and timescale future projects as well as contribute ideas for future client projects.
- Attend client meetings.
- Maintain tools and services required by the Development team including software requirements and servers.
- Advise and support members of the team to improve skillsets.
- Listen to, consider ideas from the Development team to improve processes and the solutions we deliver as well as drive this area as a priority to improve performance.
- Any other duties where necessary.
- A degree in a computing discipline would be desirable
- 3 years commercial experience
Knowledge & skills
- Up to speed with the latest trends and technologies within web development.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work alone or in a team.
- Ability to manage own time and keep to deadlines.
- Have a passion for web development and learning new skills.